Sprucing up your home doesn't have to take up a lot of time. To help you spring into warm-weather home improvement, here are 24 simple projects that take 24 hours or less to accomplish:
1. Put a Fresh Coat of Paint on the Front Door. Standard paints can take a long time to dry, especially if you live in a humid climate. SnapDry® from Sherwin-Williams® dries in as little as one hour, and you'll be able to close the door without it sticking. The paint can be used inside or outside and it resists dirt, fingerprints, UV rays, and weathering.
2. Update Kitchen Cabinets. Recently, homeowners have been changing the facades of their kitchen cabinets and painting them instead of staining them—a trend that has grown tremendously. Add new knobs to complete the look for an easy, inexpensive way to give your cabinets a face-lift.
3. Swap Pillows and Throws. You can't replace your couch every time the season changes, but switching out pillows and throws is a great way to give seasonal flare to your living room décor.
4. Create a Statement Wall. Installing graphic wallpaper or wood planking on one wall, or simply painting a wall or the ceiling a contrasting color, can add drama to any room in the house.
5. Spruce Up the Deck for Summer Enjoyment. A refinished deck looks great and doesn't have to be a lot of work. SuperDeck® from Sherwin-Williams goes on fast and easy and protects the integrity of your wood deck. It can even reduce the surface temperature of the wood, making the deck barefoot-friendly on a hot summer day.
6. Add a Wow Factor to Your Entryway. Large planters with hardy, bright blooms add curb appeal when positioned on either side of the front door.
7. Update Your Lighting. Modern light fixtures in kitchens and bathrooms shed a whole new perspective on the room. Consider installing a dimmer so you can create the right mood any time of the day. While you're upgrading the lighting, be sure to replace old-style incandescent bulbs with energy-efficient ones that will last longer and cost less to operate.
8. Create a Gallery Wall. Hang multiple family photos and/or chic prints in varying frame styles and sizes on one wall of the living room.
9. Rearrange Your Furniture. Talk about a no-cost way to get a totally different look. Experiment with alternate furniture configurations, and don't be afraid to move pieces from room to room.
10. Create a Recharging Drawer in Your Kitchen. Clean out that junk drawer, add dividers and a power strip, and you have the perfect place for recharging your family's electronic devices.
11. Install a Ceiling Fan. Nothing says spring and summer like a ceiling fan wafting a gentle breeze through a room. Choose the style and size that's right for your space. Bonus: ceiling fans can help reduce energy bills by cheaply supplementing air-conditioning and heating.
12. Organize Your Mudroom. Whether it's a formal mudroom or a corner of the entryway, every house has a spot where shoes, backpacks, and other personal items collect. Organize that area with hooks for hanging and cubbies or shoe racks for storage.
13. Add a Display Shelf above a Doorway. A wooden shelf above a doorway is a great place to feature collectibles.
14. Add Vintage Glass to a Powder Room. Replace the ordinary doorknob on your powder-room door with a vintage or replica glass knob.
15. Install Decorative House Numbers. You can purchase decorative tile or glass numerals from a variety of sources.
16. Stencil Something Fun. Add animal or character stencils to the walls of a child's room, staircase or kitchen, or patio table for a quick artsy take.
17. Add a Ceiling Medallion. Draw attention to a light fixture by installing a decorative ceiling medallion that is a slightly different color than the ceiling.
18. Replace a Kitchen Faucet. A new kitchen faucet can be practical and decorative but also can control water flow, saving money.
19. Pressure Wash Siding and Walkways. Power washing exterior home areas makes siding and walkways look fresh.
20. Hang a New Mirror in the Bathroom. A decorative framed mirror in place of a standard bathroom mirror adds interest, elegance, and even light to the space.
21. Put a Decorative Decal in the Laundry Room. Create some fun in the laundry area by adding a decal with a humorous saying, such as "Life Is Too Short to Fold Fitted Sheets!"
22. Make Your Own Art with a Shower Curtain. Love large-scale artwork but have a small-scale budget? Use wood to frame a decorative shower curtain and turn it into wall art.
23. Upgrade Bathroom Towel Storage. Replace those builder-issued towel bars and rings with decorative options that add pizzazz.
24. Wash Windows. What's the one spring DIY task that will make all the others in your home look even better? Washing the windows to allow spring and summer sunlight into your home.
Trying just a few of these easy home-improvement tasks is a fast way to perk up your home for spring and summer.